Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Beginnings...

Photobucket

Welcome to the first post of my new PHOTO BLOG! I've been wanting to undertake this project for some time now, so I'm glad to finally be getting it off the ground. I've always loved taking pictures, especially after my son was born. Most of the gazillion photos I have are of him in various stages of his young life. Lately, especially after hubby surprised me with my very own Nikon D3000 Digital-SLR camera, I've been fascinated with capturing images from my everyday wanderings, trying out the new and exciting features my camera has to offer, and learning how to use light to produce beautiful images. Here I hope to post both untouched and digitally enhanced photographs, as working with digital design has also been a passion of mine. And every once in a while I my share with you all some of my scrapbooking pages, for what better way to showcase photographs that tell a story than in a scrapbook page?

I decided to name this blog THROUGH MAAN'S LOOKING GLASS..Maan was my childhood nickname, one which my parents and siblings still call me by, and I like to think of my camera as my Looking Glass, whereby I'm able to look upon the world in varying perspectives, while in the process seeing a reflection of me in every image. So I hope you all enjoy these pictures as much as I've enjoyed taking them.

These first images were taken this past weekend. Spring is upon us, and these delicate flowers show how beautiful the change of seasons can be. Looking upon them, I imagine the sheer happiness and heartfelt joy that Persephone felt as she ventured out of the Underworld to visit her mother, bringing with her the beauty and warmth of Spring...

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

4 blissful whispers:

Mayra Elisa and Pooh Bear March 23, 2010 at 11:39 AM  

Those pictures are beautiful!! You're doing a great job for being an amateur. I'd think you're a pro.
Thanks for having stopped by. =)

Chocolate Covered Daydreams March 24, 2010 at 12:49 AM  

Beautiful pictures. You are very talented!

Lisa March 24, 2010 at 8:46 AM  

I am proud that you ended up doing this! I am looking forward to seeing more posts!!

Brassy Apple March 24, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

hello! stopping by from SITS! I love photography as well!

It's my escape from "work" and everyday tasks - what I do for fun. I could have a whole blog just for photography but there's only so much time in a day!

your photos are great!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP